EAGORA TRANSPARENCY COMMITMENT
What are the cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer and/or phone when accessing certain websites. Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user’s browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain, can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies does this website use?
According to the entity who is managing them:
- Own cookies: they are those that are sent to the user’s terminal computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
According to the amount of time they remain active:
- Permanent cookies: they are stored on the hard disk and our website reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a certain expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date.
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the Website, so none are registered on your hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is useful to analyze traffic patterns on the Website. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience to improve content by making it easier to use.
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content via social networks.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that allow the responsible for them, the monitoring and behavior analysis of the websites’ users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of usage data made by users of the service.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a number of criteria in the user’s terminal such as language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional settings from which you access the service, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising spaces that, if necessary, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which you provide the requested service based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency at which ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the most efficient management of the advertising space that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information of users’ behavior that is obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
This information is used to improve our site, identify new needs and assess the improvements to be made in order to provide a better service to users who visit us.
How to disable cookies?
You can change the cookie settings according to the options in your browser or phone (usually in Settings and Preferences), The way to configure them varies in each browser, and manufacturers can change both the available settings, as well as the way in which they act in every moment:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Inthernet Options -> Privacity -> Configuration.
For more information, see Microsoft support or the Browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacity -> Record -> Personalized Configuration.
For more information, see Mozilla support or Browser Help.
- Chrome: Configuration -> Show advanced options -> Privacity-> Content configuration.
For more information, see Google support or Browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, see Apple Support or Browser Help.
What happens if Cookies are disabled:
Some features of the services will be disabled, such as being identified, receiving information directed to their location or viewing some videos.